There are almost 10 million cases of infertility in India every year. Being infertile is natural you dont have to ashamed of. Even after having sex multiple times without any contraceptives women unable to have a baby. Being infertile is defined as being unable to conceive despite having regular sex without birth control for one year. Below are the factor for infertility treatment.
- Lifestyle factors: Smoking & consuming alcohol can be the cause for infertility in either partner. Regular exercise and proper diet is also recommended.
- Medication: There are varities of Medications available to improve.
Infertility can be caused due to many factors including lifestyle, sperm related and gynecological factors.
Infertility in women:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: This is the main cause of infertility in women. In this condition the ovaries don’t produce eggs, leading to infertility.
- Fallopian tube complications: Damage or blockage of the fallopian tubes is another common cause of infertility in women. Fallopian tubes are responsible for carrying the egg from the ovaries to the uterus.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis is a full body condition in which cells similar to those in the endometrium, the layer of tissue that normally covers the inside of the uterus, grow outside the uterus. Most often this is on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and tissue around the uterus and ovaries; however, in rare cases it may also occur in other parts of the body.
- Physical & lifestyle factors: Fertility levels drop with a woman’s age, especially after reaching the age of 35. Getting pregnant after the age of 45 is rare. Lifestyle factors such as smoking and being under or over weight can also lead to infertility.
- Age: After the 45 age it is difficult for women to get pregnant.
- Smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful in case of women which can lead to miscarriage and birth defects.
- Alcohol: Alcohol consumption should strictly avoided during pregnancy.
Symptoms for women:
Related to menstrual cycle:
- Irregular cycles.
- Abnormally heavy or light bleeding during periods.
- Absence of menstrual periods.
- Extremely painful periods.
Related to hormones:
- Dark hair growth near chin, lips and chest.
- Reduced sexual drive.
- Loss or thinning of hair.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound is an imaging technique, wherein, ultra sound waves are used to form images of the organs in which the doctor is interested. With the help of ultrasound the doctor may check the fallopian tubes and uterus.
- Testing: Ovarian, ovulation and hormone testing are done to find the cause of infertility.